According to a report, WhatsApp is currently working on a
Vacation and Silent modes and other few new features to be launched soon.
New features may include
- Vacation mode
- Social media linking
- Account linking
According to a report from WABetaInfo, the Facebook-owned WhatsApp is planning to add Vacation and Silent modes, as well as the option to link accounts.
All three features are expected to be made available on Android, iOS and Windows Phone mobile platforms in the coming days.
Here’s all you need to know about WhatsApp’s upcoming features.
- WABetaInfo spotted a new feature being tested in iOS, Android and Windows Phone apps, simply known as Vacation Mode.
- Vacation mode feature, that will help improve the archived chat experience.
- Currently, when you archive a chat, WhatsApp automatically unarchives it once a new message is received from the same chat.
- With the new vacation mode feature, your archived chats will not appear on your WhatsApp window and will remain as they are, even if a new message appears.
- This means that if one wants to read the new message, they will have to open the chat manually from the archived chats.
- Enabling Vacation Mode, muted archived chats won’t be unarchived until you will unmute or unarchive them.
- This means that if one wants to read the new message, they will have to open the chat manually from the archived chats section.
- A related feature, which is already live on the Android mobile platform, is called Silent Mode.
- It will apparently hide the app badge for muted chats.
- It is already available and active by default.
- This new feature hides a notification count on the WhatsApp’s app icon for chats in mute mode.
- WhatsApp is also planning to add ‘account linking’ support for social media platforms such as Instagram and Facebook.
- The Linked Accounts option will be located under your Profile Settings.
- The cited source stated that “the Linked Accounts feature will help the user to recover the password.
- It will allow to automatically share your status updates in Instagram.
- This is an absolutely new development as “the Linked Accounts feature will help the user to recover the password.
“The feature appears mainly developed for WhatsApp Business, but some references were found in the normal WhatsApp app too. It’s not available yet for both apps”, says WABetaInfo. The purpose of having a “Linked Accounts” option is still unknown.
WhatsApp has also modified its delete for everyone feature, which is expected to be rolled out in the coming days.
And, though there are ongoing speculations on a WhatsApp ‘Dark Mode’ – and there has been such speculation for a while now – there’s no confirmation on that yet.