“Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 675 SoC comes as an upgrade over the Snapdragon 670 SoC”
US-based chipmaker Qualcomm Technologies on Tuesday unveiled here the Snapdragon 675 SoC (system-on-chip) to boost gaming and camera experience in mobile devices.
The latest addition to the mid-range Snapdragon 600 series, released at the Qualcomm 4G/5G Summit, supports a triple camera configuration in the front or back.
- wide angle
- super-wide image capture
- enhanced portrait mode (Bokeh)
- 3D face unlock
- high-quality selfies
- Snapdragon 675 has Qualcomm Spectra 250L ISP for 14-bit image signal processing along with support for up to 48-megapixel snapshots
- single 25-megapixel at 30fps with Zero Shutter Lag (ZSL)
- dual 16-megapixel cameras at 30fps and ZSL
- The chip also supports multi-frame noise reduction
- accelerated image stabilisation
- hybrid autofocus with support for dual accelerated image stabilisation
- 5x optical zoom
- Snapdragon SoC has Ultra-HD (4K at 30fps) video recording
- Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering
- HD (720p) video recording at 480fps
Snapdragon 675 Power
- Snapdragon 675 SoC offers 30 percent faster game launch time
- chip provides 35 percent faster Web browsing
- 20 percent faster music launch over the previous Snapdragon SoC
Mobile devices featuring
- Snapdragon 675 can support up to three rear camera sensors
- Qualcomm claims that the new chip also enables mobile payment security
- works with technologies such as
- Megvii (Face++)NetEaseSenseTimeThundersoftTrio.AI.
the company said.
Snapdragon 675 provides new architectures and performance improvements over the previous generation Snapdragon 670 in Artificial Intelligence (AI) capabilities as well.
With a multi-core AI Engine, Snapdragon 675 is engineered to deliver up to 50 per cent overall improvements in AI applications, Qualcomm said.
- advanced gaming abilities
- remarkable camera performance
- multi-core AI Engine
- Snapdragon 675-based smartphones will bring new experiences to consumers globally
said Kedar Kondap, Vice President, Product Management, Qualcomm Technologies.
The premium features in the new chipset are enabled by –
- the Qualcomm AI Engine
- Qualcomm Spectra 250L ISP
- Qualcomm Kryo 460 CPU that comes as an octa-core processing unit with two cores of
- Six cores of Cortex-A55
- Qualcomm Adreno 612 GPU
- Qualcomm has also provided a Hexagon 685 DSP with third-generation vector extensions
- All-Ways Aware Sensor Hub
- Additionally, there is support for Qualcomm Neural Processing Engine SDK
- framework compatibility with
- TensorFlow Lite
to deliver a wide range of AI experiences.
- support for voice activation with machine learning algorithms
- the third-generation Qualcomm AI Engine
- The new engine is touted to deliver up to 50 percent overall improvements in AI applications over its predecessor.
- The presence of Qualcomm Aqstic Voice UI on the Snapdragon 675 also makes it capable of working with multiple voice assistants – without consuming a large amount of power.
Further Snapdragon 675 SoC supports
- full-HD+ display panels
- 8GB 1866MHz LPDDR4x RAM
- low-power geofencing
- sensor-assisted navigation
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ technology that is touted to charge a smartphone battery from zero to 50 percent in just 15 minutes.
“Qualcomm affirms its internal testing has found that the new chip can enhance devices to deliver over 11 hours of video playback, 11 hours of video streaming, three hours of 4K video recording, seven hours of gaming, or up to five days of music playback on a single charge.”
Qualcomm has announced that its Quick Charge technology is now powering over 1,000 mobile devices, including –
- 200 compatible smartphones
- 700 accessories
- 100 controllers
The latest in the Quick Charge family is the Quick Charge 4+ technology that has improved Dual Charge, intelligent thermal balancing, and various layers of advanced safety features.
It comes with a new battery sensing technology that directly measures the voltage of the battery cell and let the system provide an accurate view of the battery’s current state to reduce charge times. Plus, there is support for USB Power Delivery (USB PD) as well as USB Type-C interfaces.
“The Snapdragon 675 plays a primary role in allowing OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) to design next generation features with incredible performance into their upcoming smartphones,” Kondap added.
“Qualcomm said that consumers can expect mobile devices powered by Snapdragon 675 from the first quarter of 2019.”
- Samsung Galaxy Fold: Bend Test up to 2,00,000 Folds and more
- Apple Credit Card: Apple’s post-iPhone strategy
- Sony’s premium RX0 II: eye AF action camera has a flip-up screen
- Google Maps Public Events: Add, Edit And Delete
- Apple Video Streaming: Rival of Netflix and Prime