“The Apple iPhone XR top-model is priced Rs 8,000 less than the 64GB variant of the iPhone XS (Rs 99,900).
Last year, Apple changed tradition by launching three new phones
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- the special iPhone X.
This year, Apple shuffled the product portfolio further by making the –
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
The primary products, and the new IPhone XR as the outlier.
After announcing the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max earlier this year, Apple is finally making the iPhone XR available in India starting October 26.
There are a few things that are different on paper when you make a comparison.
Specification and Features
- the same powerful processor from the iPhone XS the A12 Bionic.
“The A12 Bionic is built using the 7nm fabrication process and features six-cores with two performance cores that are up to 15 percent faster than the CPU performance cores in the A11 Bionic chip.
- 6.1-inch display which Apple calls “Liquid Retina”
- resolution of 828 x 1792 pixels
- pixel density at 326ppi
- LCD display
- The iPhone XR is an iPhone XS sans 3D Touch
While the Android world had moved to OLED years ago, Apple seemed to have taken its time to make the switch.
Till last year’s iPhone X, all iPhones implemented an LCD. Currently, the iPhone X, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max all use an OLED screen instead of LCD.
“This is the same pixel density as the iPhone 8, but this time, packed into a display that’s larger than even the iPhone 8 Plus
Apple says that this is the most colour accurate LCD in the industry at the moment.
- 2942 mAh battery
- fast charging
- wireless charging
Build and Design
- iPhone XR’s frame has a matte finish
- IP67 rating
- single camera at the back
- 12-megapixel sensor with an increased amount of phase detect pixels for faster focusing
- optically stabilized lens
- aperture of f/1.8
- machine learning based Portrait Mode along with 3 Portrait Lighting effects
- 7-megapixel camera
- depth senso
- dot projector to enable FaceID
- hardware-based Portrait Mode for selfies
- Rs 76990 for the 64GB variant
- 256GB iPhone XR for Rs 91,900
- What is Python Numbers ?
- Android Pie beta rolls out soon for Samsung Galaxy S9
- IOS WHATSAPP SOON GET FACE ID AND TOUCH ID FEATURES
- Apple iPhone XR first impressions The less expensive in many colors
- Google planning to charge up to $40 per device for apps