WhatsApp seems to be working on a bunch of new features for iOS like Touch ID that are going to be implemented in the upcoming update. The previous update brought in some –
- UI improvements
- Support for consecutive voice messages autoplay
- More status replies options
- Some new information about the Dark Mode.
Since the day Apple added Touch ID to iPhones, WhatsApp users have been requesting a feature which allows them to secure their app with Touch ID. And finally, WhatsApp has started its work on the requested feature as the references were found in the latest update.
Now it looks like WhatsApp next update will be focused more on security for the iOS devices.
As per a report by WABetainfo, it looks like WhatsApp is working on integrating
- Touch ID and FaceID in its app.
The privacy settings in WhatsApp will soon be having a new option called as “Require Touch ID”.
Devices such as
- iPhone X
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XR
will have FaceID support instead.
WhatsApp FaceID and TouchID
With this setting enabled –
- Everytime you open WhatsApp you will need to authenticate it with TouchID or FaceID
- providing an extra layer of security on the platform.
- If either of these authentication methods fail, then the phone will ask for the passcode.
- Neither your fingerprint data nor your facial data is sent to the WhatsApp servers.
Here’s another explanation
In Android, users have the freedom to download any third-party application to secure their apps (example: WhatsApp) and some OEMs such as Xiaomi, Honor includes it as an in-built feature, knowing the importance.
However, that’s not the case with Apple as the Cupertino giant doesn’t allow users to secure their apps using any third-party mechanisms, meaning app developers have to add the feature into their application.
That’s what WhatsApp is going to do. WhatsApp for iOS will gain a new feature in the future which will allow them to secure the app with either Touch ID or Face ID.
For older iPhones with Touch ID such as
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6S
- iPhone 6S Plus
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5S
will be able to secure their app using Touch ID, while the latest iPhone X, iPhone XS and XS Max users will be able to open the app using Face ID.
The feature is still in its ‘alpha’ stage as per the report which means that iOS users will likely be able to see this feature in the next update.
WhatsApp Business will also be having this authentication feature as well.
WhatsApp for ioS Will Also Get Dark Mode
Besides this new security layer, WhatsApp for iOS will also receive Dark Mode functionality in the future. The Facebook-owned company has started its work on the much-awaited Dark mode and here’s our first look of the same.
- How to Use For Loop in Python | Full Python Course in Hindi
- How to use while loop in python | Full Python Course in Hindi
- How to Use of dictionary and related methods in python | Full Python Course in Hindi
- How to use sets and related methods of sets in python | Full Python Course in Hindi
- How to use tuples in python | Full Python Course in Hindi