Sony introduced its first rugged action camera. The RX0 II, Sony’s new GoPro competitor stands out immediately because it has a 180 degree flip-up screen.
Interesting Features of RX0 II / Pros
- wide-angle Zeiss-branded Tessar T 24 mm fixed lens
- super slow-mo video recording
- 960 frames per second
- tiny 180-degree flip-up screen
- The LCD panel can be tilted 90 degrees downwards
- 1.0-inch stacked 15.3 MP CMOS sensor
- Sony’s BIONZ X image processor (The BIONZ X image processor is designed to enhance
colourreproduction and maintain 16 frames per second while capturing still shots.)
- The camera has a short minimum focus distance of 20 cm
- enhance night shooters’ experience
- Sony RX0 II has
ISOsensitivity range from 80-12,800
- shoot 4K video at 30 fps
framerate for super slow-mo video recording 1,000 fps
- Eye Autofocus
- Eye AF feature to enable taking quick shots of the human face
- shoot as fast as 1/32,000th of a second
- continuous shots at 16 fps
- in-body electronic image
- better handheld shots and eliminate motion blur
Power of Sony RX0 II
- Sony RX0 II is water resistant up to 10
- crushproof at up to 200 kg on force
Weighs and Body
- 132 grams
- 2.3in x 1.59in x 1.38in body
RX0 II action camera supports uncompressed 4K output via HDMI and S-Log2 for better flexibility in post-processing.
Missing Features / Cons
- The camera doesn’t have a touch-enabled screen.
- The device is tiny and could make handheld shooting a bit tough
Sony RX0 couldn’t create a buzz in the action camera segment.
- New RX0 II action camera for a price of US $700 (around Rs 48,300) in the US.
- CA $900
The RX0 II will begin shipping from April 2019. Also A kit including a VCT-SGR1 Shooting Grip and bracket will be made available from June 2019.
Sony has introduced an optional shooting grip with integrated controls. Which helps to take good handy selfies and other clicks will also be good and easy with this tool.
The device comes with a mic jack, as well, so you can plug in an external microphone if needed for vlogs and recordings that need crisp and clear audio.
Sony’s Imaging Edge Mobile application will give you the power to control up to five RX0 II cameras at once.